Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love your body and it will love you back.

Paleo!

I love the Well Fed cookbook by Melissa Joulwan. Love. It. The food is amazing, and it's relatively easy to make. You aren't going to be making paleo chocolate chip cookies or paleo almond meal pancakes -- which I actually appreciate -- but you will be rewarded with complex flavors and substantial meals. After Whole 30, I've realized that making paleo versions of my favorite non-paleo junk food is not the way to change the way I eat. I don't want to eat regular junk food, so why would I make paleo versions of it? That's just me, though. I'm a bit intense, as anyone who knows me can attest. People who want to be nice call it "outspoken and enthusiastic." I like those people.

I've never been one for diets, really, because I'm usually hungry, which means I'm grumpy, or I'm eating disgusting crap. I don't think of paleo as a diet, because honestly, it just feels right. It feels like it's the way you should have been eating all along: unprocessed, real, whole foods that taste a heckuva lot better than anything you've ever bought pre-made before. My version of Joulwan's cinnamon beef stew is so much more satisfying than any canned or restaurant-prepared crap.

Your body thanks you when you eat like this.

1 comment: